In 2015 the UN General Assembly formally accepted a new set of 17 measurable Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), ranging from ending world poverty to achieving gender equality and empowering women and girls by 2030. These are to succeed the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), a set of eight measurable goals, which were signed in September 2000.
Of these 17 measurable goals our NEXUS Centers support 8!
1. No poverty. End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
2. Good health and well-being. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
3. Gender Equality. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
4. Clean water and sanitation. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
5. Affordable and clean energy. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
6. Decent work and economic growth. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
7. Industry, innovation and infrastructure. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
8. Life on land. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
Find out more as to how we help to reach the millennium goals in Nepal.